Jobs that travel the world are an inconceivable dream for most people. "How, on earth," they think, "Could I possibly get paid to travel the world?" It's a common belief that you must save and save up a bunch of money before you can travel, then simply go for as long as your money will last.
Not only is that an outdated and incorrect belief, but it's also a belief that will have you stuck in a never-ending cycle of frustration. Work ... then travel ... then work ... then travel.
There are many ways you can get paid AS you travel the world. Fortunately, there are dozens of ways to do this, so no matter your skill set, creating a travel income is something you CAN do ... and you can start doing it quickly.
Here are 7 ways to make money traveling the world. Some are commonly available travel jobs, and a few are the 'underground' methods of making money while you travel.
1) Work a cruise ship job. You get to live aboard a luxury cruise-liner and get paid to live the lifestyle passengers $ pay 500 to $ 5000 + per week to experience!
2) Get a job as a travel or adventure guide. Visit a city or region. Get to know the best places, then get paid to show other people what you've found! Alternatively, you can show people how to rock climb, raft a river, jump out of a plane, zipline through a jungle ... and more!
3) Become a paid travel writer. Not only can you get hired by travel magazines and guidebooks, but do not forget about blogging & online freelance jobs. They're plentiful!
4) Start an online marketing adventure! Most people think marketing online is too 'technical.' Oh contraire! If you can edit a word document you can make money with a laptop or from an internet café anywhere in the world.
5) Work with a charity. Care more about making a difference and experiencing other cultures than turning a profit? You're in luck. Scores of charities will pay your travel, food, room, and travel expenses in exchange for your volunteer work.
6) Get a job teaching English. If you're a fluent English speaker, you have a skill that millions - if not billions - of people desire. Like it or not, English is the international language of commerce. Dozens of countries in the world want their citizens to know the language and will give you a job to travel to their country to teach it whether you know their language or not.
7) Get a job telecommuting. With these types of jobs you are not paid hourly, but by the tasks completed. In other words, you have deadlines to get a report written, crunch some numbers, or (insert your inane task here). Complete these jobs from an internet café or your laptop, email it in, and you've got cash in hand.
Travel jobs are intimidating to many people because they require a paradigm shift. You are no longer bound by a 9-5 grind, and your commute becomes wherever you fancy. Jobs that travel the world are inconceivable to most people, which is GREAT news; the competition is low.
You can travel the world and get paid for it by picking just ONE of the above methods and by learning all you can about that specific method. The key is in getting started and taking action.